Tuesday, July 12, 2011

It's Time to Jam Now

 It's Midterm week, as in MID-term, as in there are only 10 weeks left of this semester! Where the heck did the last 9 months go? It's hard to believe that I only have 2 1/2 months left in Suphan before I go on a 6 week adventure before returning to the States. But let's not get all crazy here- I still have 4 months to enjoy and take advantage of SE Asia. Four more months of sweating and hair-frizzing. But, more importantly, four more months of tropical islands, banana shakes, elephants, authentic Thai meals for $1, beer with ice, market shopping, TRAVELING, meeting fellow backpackers, insane rain storms, amazing Thai pop music, weekends in Chiang Mai, Tinglish, fresh mangosteen and pineapple, and much, much more gloriousness. And you better believe I am going to soak up every last second- at least 67% of it in a hammock.

I almost forgot just how sublime my life is with how busy I've been. I have been swept up in schoolwork and "real life" planning, and my weeklong headache stood in the way of happiness. And then I remembered that I'm in Thailand, I have a 4 day weekend coming up and I can go to an island of my choice for a handful of baht. So guess what? After this crazy week of reviewing, testing, grading, evaluating and researching, I'm making my way to Koh Mak, swinging in hammock on the water, reading a book and sipping on a banana shake because I can.

And don't worry- the kids are getting a break, too. After their midterm, I'm rewarding them for a job well done by showing them the greatest movie known to man...Space Jam. That's right- we're kicking it old school with a little Bugs Bunny, Michael Jordan, 'Whoomp There It Is..." action. If I wasn't already their favorite teacher, I just secured my spot. 







No comments:

Post a Comment