Thursday, December 2, 2010

Studio 911

I have been going a little crazy at work the past few days because ALL of my students went to Scout camp. I got a lot of lesson planning done, but I was still bored out of my mind. When the students came back yesterday afternoon, I basically attacked them and told them to never leave me again. I assumed Scout camp would be all fun and games, but they all came back completely exhausted and sore. I don't know what went on, but they were super tired in class this morning. 


Today is an exciting day because 1. I actually had class and 2. SEYF COMES! For those of you who don't know, Seyf is a friend from home. She was the third member of Sarah and I's Southie apartment (Studio 911) and we get to reunite tonight. She has been studying in Singapore this past semester for her Master's, and as her semester comes to an end, she is getting last minute traveling in. So, what better way to end a semester abroad than by meeting up with your BFFs and going to Phuket? Yea, that's right...Phuket. It's December, it's the holiday season and I get to spend an extended weekend on one of the most beautiful tropical beaches in the world. Holllla! I'll try to remind myself of the Christmas season by sipping on yet another Peppermint Mocha, but instead of looking outside at the snow, I'll see this: 


 

Bob is a little flustered, because she wants to show off her bikini body, but at the same time, she is beaming with Christmas pride. What's a sheep to do?


Yes, I realize for those unaware of Bob's existence, I sound like a freak. Just let it happen. 

Also- as I was neglecting work and writing this, I was (pleasantly) interrupted by a staff member offering me some Rot Sai Mai, a Muslim dessert made in Ayutthaya. I had meant to try it when I was there a few weeks ago, but was too full off of coconut ice cream to do so. First you have to assemble it by filling a green tortilla-looking thing with what looks like hair. The 'hair' is actually sugar cane that has been spun and woven. You then roll it up and enjoy. It had a very sweet taste and the 'hair' tasted like a mix of cotton candy and straw. Mmmm! The whole Thai dessert thing still baffles me. They are deprived of delicious treats like brownies and cookies, and instead, enjoy things like tarot (or root), bean paste and anything and everything in coconut milk or sweetened condensed milk. BUT they make up for it with sticky rice. Mmm....sticky rice. 

Anyways- enjoy your weekends! I know I'll enjoy my Studio 911 reunion on the beach :)






2 comments:

  1. So Bob gets to go to Phuket and I don't?? Have fun and be safe. Love and miss you ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's 30 degrees out here. You better enjoy that beach!

    ReplyDelete