Monday, October 11, 2010

I'm Leaving On a Jet Plane

Let's see how many consecutive post titles can be inspired by a song! 

My bags are packed (hopefully within the weight limit!) and I can officially say that I am ready to go. The past week has been a whirlwind and I have been overwhelmed by all the love and well wishes from everyone. My family threw me quite the going away bash that left me smiling the entire time. The fact that my godfather sang 'I'm So Excited' didn't hurt, either... He gave Jesse Spano a run for her money. I didn't think I'd get emotional during any of my goodbyes (mainly because I am THE most awkward person ever and tend to refuse a goodbye and run away instead), but I have felt myself holding back tears a few times. I'm sure I will face my biggest match tomorrow when I say goodbye to Cam, my sister, Chris and mis padres in the morning. And just in case I successfully avoid breaking down at that point, I was given a book that will for sure start the waterworks. My aunt purchased a small journal which was passed around the past couple of days to family members and friends to sign and say their goodbyes...but I'm not allowed to look at it until I'm on the plane. AKA I'll look a little like this:  



except-I'll have clothes on. I bet the person sitting next to me is going to be very freaked out. 

Welp, I've said my goodbyes, I've packed my bags, I've eaten an unnecessary amount of cupcakes (why not?) and I've squeezed in all of the Cam-time I possibly could have. 

Look how cute he is!



 So, off I go on my really long flight to begin the next chapter of my life...


"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing." -Helen Keller





10 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip Nell! I miss you already, and look forward to reading your blog along the way. Take care! xoxxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you already....love, love, love you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nell, this is SO exciting. I've always wanted to do something like this, and I think you're amazing for diving in and just doing it. Good luck - can't wait to hear details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nell, you totally rock!
    so, so proud of you.
    love you, darlin. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're going to have the best time!! Can't wait to read about all your adventures! xox Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cam pulled my hair this morning...it should have been your hair.

    Can you come back now?

    ReplyDelete
  7. as we eagerly await your next entry.
    no pressure, sweetie... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So excited to read about all of your adventures! Some of us JHCCC gals are going out to dinner in the City tomorrow night...we will toast to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nell,

    If only I had the chance to sing "Never Say Goodbye" by Donna Summer I would have. In the meantime, I'll be singing "Return to Me" by Dean Martin and I promise not to sing it the way I sung "I'm so excited".
    Love, your Goddad,
    Danny

    ReplyDelete