Monday, October 25, 2010

4 Crepes in 2 days and not ashamed.

So remember how I was nervous for the supposed flooding? Well I woke up on Friday morning, looked out my window and only saw pockets of flooding. No big deal. So Sarah and I leave the apartment to go on our daily Iced Coffee run when this happens...

The entire main road by our apartment was flooded and we were literally trapped. We eventually weaved our way through a random neighborhood with some help by a Thai woman on her moped who could see the confusion oozing out of us. Mai Pen Rai (It's okay, don't worry about it). Good thing because my addiction to the coffee is already unreal. 
Anyways, we were kind of buzzed about the flooding situation because we had decided to make a random weekend trip up to Chiang-Mai. Some of our friends were going to Koh Tao but it was too far/expensive for our liking, so we were all psyched to go up north. But, the whole flooding debacle got us all nervous because we had no idea how serious it was. We cannot read/understand Thai so the news was useless, and when we walked around town that day, everyone was building barricades in front of their houses and storefronts. AKA we were thinking the worst. But, by the time we got back to our apartment a few hours later, the flooding had drained and everything looked A-OK, so we got all pumped up to go away again. Then, I faced the hardest decision I've had to make since being in Thailand...Do I go north to Chiang-Mai, one of the best places I have ever traveled to, but without preparation/malaria pills or do we meet our friends in Hua Hin (where they ended up instead of Koh Tao) and have a nice weekend relaxing on a beautiful beach? Decisions decisions. What a rough life I lead...

Hua Hin it was! It was a great weekend with beach time, lounging under umbrellas, good friends, lots of crepes, an amazing hostel, some kareoke (this song may or may not have been involved), some heart to hearts, and lots of darts. It was nice to go to a town and have people speak English and to be able to order food successfully. It was a nice little change. Also- the banana milkshakes? Heaven on earth. 


The only downside of the trip was the trek there. It should have been 5 hours total, but it took about 8-9 hours. Yiiiikes. But the second we got on the beach and I got to rock my fedora, I was a happy camper. 

Now I have to settle into reality because school starts tomorrow! I feel very unprepared because I have no idea what to expect. I am hoping to get a lot of questions answered. Otherwise... I'm doomed. But I've got my pink shirt laid out and I'm excited to get this show on the road!

Oh and just because I want to rub it in your face that I get to eat amazing Thai food all of the time, I wanted to share this picture of one of the best meals I've had here. I don't even know what it is. I just went to a random vendor, pointed to the noodles, and was very pleasantly surprised. YUM!

Contact Info...because you love me :)

Cell: 0845386158 and I believe the country code is +66
Mail:  Sa-Nguan Ying School, Rua Yai, Muang Suphan Buri 72000, Thailand

That is my school address. If you mark it as 'Educational Materials,' it will apparently ship faster and possibly be cheaper. Also, when filling in the value, put in less than the actual price so they don't take it or add a weird tax. Aight? I've heard Peanut Butter M&Ms are really good for the brain, so I'm sure the school can use an endless supply of those. Just saying...






3 comments:

  1. what...no pb m&m's in thailand?
    or do they only have blueberry and seaweed flavors? ;)
    will be in touch, sweetie...
    because you're loved. :)
    you sound awesome...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound happy, Nell:-)) That makes me happy ♥ ♥ Love & miss you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. since I won't let your father eat them haha) I'll send you some M&M's soon! Need anything else? Regards, Linda (3P Training)

    ReplyDelete